Website Redesign of Gurukul99.com || UI/UX Designer Case study
Gurukul99: Indian platform that aims to showcase HINDI articles. The 2 main topics out of many are:
Target Audience(According to the Client):
- Anyone who can read Hindi.
The definition of the target audience was not yet clearly defined and focused on. My first and foremost task was to clearly specify the target audience.
Target Audience(According to the website’s information):
- School Students
- Family Groups
Website’s First Impression:
- No share button — on each story.
- Only 2 sections shown on the Homepage: This made the website boring.
- No image was used in the HomePage for the people to get engaged.
- The purpose was unclear.
- The component of showing a story is not catchy.
- No breadcrumbs — for better navigation
- It was looking more like Google Ads and not actual chips that can be clicked.
- No Footer — A great footer is a good way to end the page for better interaction and ask users if they want to go to any link that they may like. But here the Footer was not very catchy because of which a User would close the tab.
- Showcasing 3 news of one topic, which is very few.
- On opening any article, the first letter must be bigger to attract the User.
In India, the most read newspaper is in the Hindi language — Dainik Jagran.
Hindi is the national language and a lot of places in India still read and write in this language. Now, I understood that I must focus on this platform and how the newspaper is giving so much value to the users. And what if we can give that same experience to our targeted audience.
Why Dainik Jagran?
- Majorly for UPSC Aspirants read it for Information
- 37 editions and covers 11 states
- Voice: “Create a newspaper that would reflect the free voice of the people”
- Easily available — Due to good growth and links
- Been there in the market since 1942 — Trust
- Control over the physical newspaper
- Categorised easily
- Can see the headings and can decide if this is interesting or not.
- Cheap & Easy Available
- They cannot save the piece of information
Why they should switch to Digital News?
- No need to carry a newspaper every time.
- Can be easily shared with friends and family.
- Related posts must be ready for them to read.
- They can save the news/articles.
Our articles must be categorized more:
- God wise news
What is the Value we will be providing?
- Good Information in Hindi about gods, religion, and some motivation.
Questions for User Interview:
Q1. The goal of our Product?
Q2. How are they currently accomplishing the goal?
Q3. Problems facing accomplishing their goals?
The goal of our Product:
People read Hindi News and articles with a single click.
How are they currently accomplishing this goal?:
- People are reading it on Google
- No such specific place